Hi! So you want your book reviewed by Parajunkee’s View? Well, the point of a review policy is to kind of tell you how we roll as far as review copies and this acceptance thing. First the facts, right?
Parajunkee’s View is a book blog, that specializes in speculative fiction, mainly paranormal and science fiction themed mediums. We have now extended features to pick up Romance and Indie Books of all fiction genres.
Parajunkee’s View is made up of one full time reviewer, Rachel (aka Parajunkee) and two part-time reviewers, Patti (Romance: Contemporary, Paranormal, YA, Historical) and Lori (Indie).
The reviews are based solely on opinion, whether that opinion is negative or positive. If your book is reviewed, please expect honesty. Our opinions, nothing more, nothing less.
All queries will be accepted, but responses are not guaranteed.
- Bound Books
- eBooks (PDF)
- Audio Books (no windows media files please)
I am selective on that count. Parajunkee’s View is very genre based. Paranormal is the thing, Romance for the weekends. So books in the following genres are the only books accepted. Independently & Small Press are accepted:
- PARANORMAL ROMANCE
- CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
- URBAN FANTASY
- Dark Fantasy
- YA Paranormal
- YA Romance
- SCIENCE FICTION
- I will also accept erotica, but it will be reviewed under the Parajunkee After Hours and reviews will be posted, well After Hours.
- Published Novels Only
- Currently we have one Indie Review feature, but spots are limited
Other Things To Consider:
Parajunkee’s View will also post Press Releases if it is a pertinent update that readers of my blog would like to know about. These would be listed under the “Book Buzz” posts.
Parajunkee’s View will also post about products or events that are paranormal in nature if I believe the item or event is something my readers would like to know about.
Parajunkee’s View also does movie reviews, in the below mentioned genres.
Along with parajunkee.com reviews will also be posted on Amazon.com, I’m also trying to stay on top of posting on Lunch.com and Goodreads.com, but my priority is Amazon.comWhat do you include in your reviews?
- Book Cover
- Author web presence (Facebook, Twitter, Website)
- Links to purchase on Amazon.com & BookDepository.com
- A rating
- The Review
- Trailer – if it is made available
Do you review every book you receive for review?
If I read the book it will get reviewed, but sometimes there are books that I am unable to finish and if I haven’t been able to get into the book enough to give a review, the book will not be reviewed.
What is your turn around time for a review?
I am unable to give a time frame for reviews. If there is a certain time period you would like your book featured, please let me know and we can work out a promotion.
ARCs – I will try to review ARCs before the release date, I usually try to have the reviews ready a month before the release date.
Latest posts by Parajunkee (see all)
- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau – May 20, 2013
- Feature & Follow #149 – May 16, 2013
- Ten Tips for New Bloggers – May 16, 2013
- The Adventures of Evil Book Blogger Ep. 1 – May 15, 2013
- PJV News: Hot Books Releasing Today – May 14, 2013
- Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler – May 13, 2013
- Feature & Follow #148 – May 9, 2013
- Twitter Etiquette – May 9, 2013
- My Favorite Book is become a movie…an obsession story. – May 8, 2013
- ‘Til The World Ends (Anthology) by Julie Kagawa , Ann Aguirre and Karen Duvall – May 7, 2013