Dishing Junk is a feature on the PJV where we dish it out! The girls and I have realized that we need a place to sort of vent our book & book blogger troubles. It might be something small and inconsequential that we thought was inappropriate to mention in a review – or it might be a genre-wide gush. This is going to be where we dish it out.
Judging a book by its cover.
Authors might not want to believe it, but
Yes! I do it. I judge a book by its cover. The fact that I look at an author’s cover and start to dry heave a little bit is not going to
tempt me to buy the book.
My logical interpretation of funky book covers usually goes back to a business analogy.
When I hire for a position at my company I do interviews. No matter how good that person’s references and experience is, if they come to the job interview dressed like a character from Star War or a total slob I’m not going to hire them…
Compare that to a book cover. I look at this cover and it looks like your ten year old drew it, why would I buy it? Even if you offer it for free, if the cover is shoddy, the writing will probably be shoddy…or at least that is how I view it. Call me wrong or a cover snob, but that is how I feel.
Here are some covers that inspired WTF moments…do you feel the same way?
Visit the Parajunkee’s View Facebook page for more delectable covers and to weigh in on yes or no!
Do you judge books by their cover?
Latest posts by Parajunkee (see all)
- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau – May 20, 2013
- Feature & Follow #149 – May 16, 2013
- Ten Tips for New Bloggers – May 16, 2013
- The Adventures of Evil Book Blogger Ep. 1 – May 15, 2013
- PJV News: Hot Books Releasing Today – May 14, 2013
- Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler – May 13, 2013
- Feature & Follow #148 – May 9, 2013
- Twitter Etiquette – May 9, 2013
- My Favorite Book is become a movie…an obsession story. – May 8, 2013
- ‘Til The World Ends (Anthology) by Julie Kagawa , Ann Aguirre and Karen Duvall – May 7, 2013