Audiobook Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee
PJV Quickie: One of the most UNIQUE angel centered novels I’ve read, Angelfall was both creep me out awesome and full of angsty teen time. I’m in book love and Susan Ee has a new fan girl.
Six weeks of Hell on Earth. Six weeks since Angels, supposed beings of God, have descended and decimated the human population. Penryn, who was already living a hard life, with an unhinged mother and younger sister in a wheel chair, is left to defend her family in a world where chaos rules. Yet, as she fights to survive, the unthinkable happens, her sister is taken by angels and Penryn is left on her own. She is unwilling to let her sister just disappear, so she embarks on a very dangerous quest to retrieve her sister…luckily during the scuffle which ended in her sister’s kidnapping, another angel was injured. Fighting fire with fire, Penryn kidnaps the angel, she believes he is the only one that can help her save her sister.
Holy Mother of All Young Adult Awesomeness! If you like things freaky, if you like to be scared, if you like gritty and chilling young adult, download Angelfall by Susan Ee right now. There were parts in this book that I swooned over, like chillingly handsome angels, there were parts where I was freaked out and then there was most of the time when I was just straight up riveted. The story was original, the characters were well flushed out, the plot was high intensity and flowed from scene to scene never letting up. By the time I got to the climax I thought I was going to have double up on my blood-pressure medicine. (Complete farce, I do not take blood-pressure medicine)
As far as the Audiobook, I enjoyed the narration by Caitlin Davies, it seemed realistic and nothing jarred me out of the book with her accents or “man voice”.
Fans of darker Young Adult novels should enjoy. Horror fans and fans of dystopian and post-apocalyptic fiction should also enjoy. There are some darker themes and violent scenes within the book, so I recommend for more mature teen audiences.
Similar Darker Young Adult Novels & Ratings
- Review: Tyger Tyger: A Goblin Wars Book by Kersten Hamilton
- Romancing the Weekend: About That Night by Julie James
- Romancing the Weekends: Review and Giveaway – Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins
Latest posts by Parajunkee (see all)
- Feature & Follow #149 – May 16, 2013
- Ten Tips for New Bloggers – May 16, 2013
- The Adventures of Evil Book Blogger Ep. 1 – May 15, 2013
- PJV News: Hot Books Releasing Today – May 14, 2013
- Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler – May 13, 2013
- Feature & Follow #148 – May 9, 2013
- Twitter Etiquette – May 9, 2013
- My Favorite Book is become a movie…an obsession story. – May 8, 2013
- ‘Til The World Ends (Anthology) by Julie Kagawa , Ann Aguirre and Karen Duvall – May 7, 2013
- Hot Books Releasing Today – May 7, 2013