Did you set up your blog using Internet Explorer? Check out what your blog looks like on Mozilla, Chrome and other browsers. Do you have a large monitor? Go find a small laptop and see what it looks like on that. Or vice-versa. If you generally blog on a small NetBook or laptop get on a large monitor and check what it looks like on larger resolution. 85% of users are on a screen higher than 1024×768. About 6.5% are on a resolution of 1680×1050. That is a huge difference. You want to be sure your blog does not show up all wacky on a big screen.
Have a friend with a Mac? Ask them if you can jump on Safari to view your blog. You might be surprised. I literally had a heart attack when I saw what my blog looked like on an older version of Internet Explorer. It made me cry it was so horrendous. We take transparencies for granted, but there are still a few people that are holding out with very outdated browsers and all they see is white boxes.
Here are some examples of how different a blog can look this blog is set up as a small content area — see how you can see more and more of the background:
But what if you have your content set up for BIGGER than 1024, notice how you get a horizontal scroll of the smallest 1024×768 blog size:
The Book Blogging 101, Daily Blogging Tips is a new feature added to Parajunkee’s View. If you would like to suggest tips or topics, please feel free to comment or email me directly. #BB101 tips are only a twitter jump away. Use hashtag #BB101 or @Parajunkee me a question.
Latest posts by Parajunkee (see all)
- Feature & Follow #150 – May 23, 2013
- Blogging 101 Presentation – May 23, 2013
- Gag Worthy Cliches – May 22, 2013
- Audiobook Review: The Program – May 21, 2013
- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau – May 20, 2013
- Feature & Follow #149 – May 16, 2013
- Ten Tips for New Bloggers – May 16, 2013
- The Adventures of Evil Book Blogger Ep. 1 – May 15, 2013
- PJV News: Hot Books Releasing Today – May 14, 2013
- Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler – May 13, 2013