Romancing the Weekend with the Fab Kelly Oram
Neither of my books so far has sported a triangle. In Being Jamie Baker it was just Jamie and Ryan, and in Serial Hottie it’s all about Ellie and Seth. I must admit I enjoyed taking the break from all the “Pick me! No, pick me!” drama.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a good love triangle, but the trend nowadays, seems to be love triangles for the sake of having love triangles. You just can’t escape them anymore. But, guess what? It is possible to write a good romance without a triangle to complicate things. Just complicate it with other things like huge egos, ex-girlfriends, secret deadly alien powers, or even the fact that the guy you like once ran over you with a car while he was drunk. Good times.
Some of my favorite YA romances are the ones that focus on relationship issues instead of choosing between Mr. Tall Dark and Dangerous and Mr. Full Of Himself Smart Aleck. Here are a few awesome YA romances that I’d recommend if you’re all love-triangled out.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Touch (A Denazen Novel) by Jus Accardo
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- The Eternal Ones by Kristen Miller
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
- And, of course, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. (Honestly Katy has her hands full enough with just Daemon. Could you imagine her having to deal with another guy on top of him? Mmm Daemon Black… Sooooo hot… He’s Mr. Tall Dark and Dangerous and Mr. Full Of Himself Smart Aleck. No choice need be made! )
Sorry. I tend to lose focus sometimes. Anyway, love is possible without a triangle. That’s all I was saying. However, write enough books and a good triangle is inevitable I suppose. Eventually even I will force you to have to choose a team. *insert evil laugh here*
About Kelly Oram
Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She’s obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.
Latest posts by Parajunkee (see all)
- Feature & Follow #149 – May 16, 2013
- Ten Tips for New Bloggers – May 16, 2013
- The Adventures of Evil Book Blogger Ep. 1 – May 15, 2013
- PJV News: Hot Books Releasing Today – May 14, 2013
- Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler – May 13, 2013
- Feature & Follow #148 – May 9, 2013
- Twitter Etiquette – May 9, 2013
- My Favorite Book is become a movie…an obsession story. – May 8, 2013
- ‘Til The World Ends (Anthology) by Julie Kagawa , Ann Aguirre and Karen Duvall – May 7, 2013
- Hot Books Releasing Today – May 7, 2013