PJV Quickie: Nothing says hopelessly romantic than the tortured vampire, desperate for his humanity back.
Author: Amanda Ashley
Publication: Expected publication: June 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corp.
Received paperback review copy from Kensington in exchange for a review
Links: Author Web >> Author Twitter >> Purchase Book >> Goodreads
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
It’s girl-next-door meets vampire romance in ‘His Darkest Embrace’ by Amanda Ashley. Where a neighbor that doesn’t seem to age becomes a girl’s teenage crush and now with Skylynn’s return, after more than eighth years, maybe something more.
A more sedate paranormal romance, Ashley’s characters focused more on the establishment of the relationship than the world building that some paranormal romances get distracted with. While there was an established world before the initial present of the book, it only distracted slightly from the overall plot. I enjoyed Amanda Ashley’s world that she created and I look forward to reading her work.
There was a slower pace also with this novel, which I thought could have been picked up a notch along with some reactions that I thought weren’t logical and were more for plot convenience than actual sensical character behavior.
Overall I would say this was a good book and recommended if you would like something a little different. Like a bit of contemporary mixed with your paranormal.
Adults only reading, kiddies. This one has a bit a steam.
Like This, Like That
Latest posts by Parajunkee (see all)
- Feature & Follow #149 – May 16, 2013
- Ten Tips for New Bloggers – May 16, 2013
- The Adventures of Evil Book Blogger Ep. 1 – May 15, 2013
- PJV News: Hot Books Releasing Today – May 14, 2013
- Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler – May 13, 2013
- Feature & Follow #148 – May 9, 2013
- Twitter Etiquette – May 9, 2013
- My Favorite Book is become a movie…an obsession story. – May 8, 2013
- ‘Til The World Ends (Anthology) by Julie Kagawa , Ann Aguirre and Karen Duvall – May 7, 2013
- Hot Books Releasing Today – May 7, 2013